Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Just because you're paranoid...

I was just polishing off a rather lengthy post about the whole British spies in Russia story when my computer froze up and I lost the whole thing. Highly suspicious if you ask me!

My original post was witty, insightful and really got to the heart of the matter. The gist of it was (I can’t be bothered re-typing it) that it’s essentially a non-story. We spy on them, they spy on us, everyone spies on everyone. It’s the nature of international politics. The only reason it’s got the decent amount of press attention that it has is because it involves bugging-devices hidden inside fake rocks. Which sounds like something out of espionage movie.

The Russian government has to express indignation, but won’t make a big deal out of it, otherwise they’d jeopardise their relationship with the UK and the intelligence network they no doubt have set-up over here.

(If you ask me, my mistake was to use Google to look up MI6’s budget)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete